The objective of the ORTIA IDZ is to drive the development of Gauteng’s Industrial Development Zone.
The OR Tambo IDZ programme aims to develop 725 hectares of land situated around the OR Tambo airport to stimulate economic development through the use of the Industrial Development Zone (IDZ) mechanism. The ORTIA IDZ programme supports the growth of the beneficiation of precious metals and minerals sector, with a focus on light, high-margin, export oriented manufacturing of South African precious and semi-precious metals.
The multi-site development at ORTIA IDZ consists of several industry-specific precincts and will be developed in phases over a 10 to 15 year period. Phase 1 of the IDZ Programme is the development of a Jewellery Manufacturing Precinct, referred to as the (JMP), while Phase 2 focus will be dependent on the outcomes of the Feasibility Study that is currently being undertaken.
The key purpose of the ORTIA IDZ is to develop a purpose built industrial complex, as gazetted in 1999, as an incentive programme under the Manufacturing Act, 1993, (Act 187 of 1993).
To be the South African leader in the development and operation of a purpose-built Industrial Development Zone in Gauteng Province.
To support industrial development in Gauteng Province with specific focus on export oriented, value–added industry, concentrated around O.R Tambo International Airport, in Ekurhuleni Metro.
Gauteng IDZ Development Company (Pty) Ltd. as a public company shall operate within the strict legal and ethical guidelines and regulations prescribed by the PFMA 1 of 1999 and IDZ bill
- Integrity – Valuing each other’s opinion
- Transparency – Sharing information and knowledge and culture of learning
- Empowerment – Encouraging personal and professional development
- Partnership – Leveraging the necessary stakeholders
- Creative Excellence – Performance through and with an innovative attitude
- Goal driven – Delivery in an effective and efficient manner
- Professionalism – Performance with integrity and accountability
- Sustainability – Business case based on delivering sustainable development